The alkaline hair removal treatment was created to reduce downy and fine hair. One of the key advantages of alkaline hair removal is large areas of hair can be removed with one treatment without any discomfort. This treatment can also be combined with laser and electrolysis because they will treat the stronger hairs.
Once you have been treated, your hair will grow back at the normal rate. The difference is, as your treatments progress, your hair will start growing back slower. As time passes, your hair loss will eventually become permanent. The actual treatment requires about thirty minutes and minimally invasive. You can choose to have any areas of your body and face treated.
In the beginning, your treatments will be scheduled roughly two weeks apart. They will then be scheduled thirty days apart. As the growth of your hair diminishes, your treatments will be scheduled even farther apart. Your patch test and a full consultation will take place a minimum of 24 hours prior to your treatment.
The alkaline hair removal treatment begins when a paste made from alkaline powder is applied onto the targeted treatment area. The paste is usually left on for a few minutes, but this can vary depending on how coarse your hair is.
The higher pH level makes this treatment different from a typical hair removal cream. The hair shaft swells then dissolves due to the pH level. As the solution reaches the hair shaft, the papilla your hair grows from is weakened and damaged. This gradually reduces the regrowth of your hair. This will eventually lead to some permanent hair loss and a reduction in the rate of any regrowth.
Alkaline hair removal has a lot of benefits. These include:
• Improving the texture of your skin
• Removing downy and fine hair
• The reduction and weakening of hair regrowth
• Slowing hair regrowth for downy and fine hair
• Excellent for anyone not suited for laser, electrolysis, or waxing
• The treatment does not cause any pain
• Pulling the skin is not required
• The treatment does not cause rashes or skin irritations
• Suitable for all ethnicities, skin conditions, and skin types
• Does not cause pigmentation