One of the most effective procedures currently available for improving and breaking down areas of unwanted localized fat is lipolysis injections. The injections effectively dissolve the smaller areas of unwanted and stubborn fat. This procedure is not meant to be a way to lose weight. The best candidates have already tried to eliminate the areas of fat by following a healthy eating plan and exercising on a regular basis. In many cases, the unwanted areas of fat are not affected and still remain. If the individual is trying to eliminate much larger areas of fat, a healthy diet and exercise followed by another type of procedure is often a better alternative. If you have been unable to eliminate the fat beneath your chin, this is an excellent non-surgical double chin treatment as opposed to surgery.
The treatment results in the elimination of fat deposits resistant to both diet and exercise. The procedure is a non-surgical option for removing localized fat on the body and face. The most popular area for treatment is a double chin. The procedure is simple. The injections are given in the area where the problematic fat deposit is located. The injections essentially kill the fat to eliminate the double chin. The injections contain deoxycholic acid. This is a molecule natural to the body aiding in the absorption and breakdown of dietary fat. When this substance is injected directly into the fat located under the chin, the fat cells are destroyed. The result is an obvious decrease in the fullness beneath the chin. Once these cells have been destroyed, they are unable to accumulate or store fat.
Once you have reached your specific personal goals, you will not need any additional treatments. Prior to beginning your treatment, a professional will examine the areas beneath and surrounding your chin to make certain the injections are the right option for your specific needs. Your treatment will then be customized according to the amount of fat beneath your chin and your personal cosmetic goals. It is important to note this treatment should only be performed by an experienced and trained professional. During each procedure, you will receive small injections beneath your chin. The entire process usually only requires minutes. The specific number of injections is determined by your desired profile and how much fat you have beneath your chin.
The chin profile for every individual is different. This means the number of sessions you require will be based on your specific profile. The professional will determine the number of procedures necessary according to your goals and the way your submental fat is distributed. You need to schedule each procedure apart by a set amount of time for optimal results. The maximum number of treatments you require should not exceed a certain amount. According to the most recent clinical studies, the average person did require a series of treatments. During your initial consultation, it is very important you discuss all medical conditions with the medical professional. This includes:
• If you have had or currently have a medical condition in the area of your neck
• If you are pregnant or have plans to become pregnant
• If you have had or plan to have surgery on your chin, neck or face
• All medications you are currently using including blood thinners
• If you are breastfeeding or planning to in the future
• If you are currently experiencing difficulty swallowing
• If you have any bleeding issues
It is important to tell the professional about any over-the-counter medications, herbal supplements or vitamins you are currently using in addition to your prescription medications. This is especially important regarding any medication for preventing your blood from clotting such as anticoagulant and antiplatelet medications. This non-surgical double chin treatment is an excellent option if you are not interested in having surgery such as liposuction. There are a wide variety of reasons numerous individuals have made the decision to have lipolysis injections including:
• Feelings of embarrassment, self-consciousness or unhappiness caused by submental fullness beneath the chin commonly referred to as a double chin
• Simply not wanting to have cosmetic surgery
• Feeling like the fullness makes you appear as heavier or older than your actual age
• Exercising on a regular basis and eating a healthy diet without any impact to the fullness beneath the chin
The reason it is so important to have this procedure performed by a trained and experienced professional is specific medical protocols must be followed and specific dosages used. This is the only way of ensuring your treatment will be safe, effective and provide optimal results. According to one study, approximately ninety percent of all individuals who have received these injections have been satisfied with their results. You will need multiple sessions to achieve your optimal results.
Unfortunately, the submental fat beneath the chin is often resistant to exercise and diet. This is because the fat that collects in specific areas of your body is often stubborn and extremely difficult to remove through traditional means. Even if this fat does eventually begin to respond, the process can be incredibly slow and may not be completely effective.
This double chin treatment offers you the opportunity to accelerate your loss of fat to ensure much faster results without the need for an invasive procedure. You will be losing mainly centimeters as opposed to actual weight loss. Once your fat cells have been successfully destroyed, the fat will be released. The normal metabolism of your body will remove the cells of fat. In many instances, drinking plenty of water and exercising will help to expedite your results. The substance used to dissolve your fat has an excellent safety profile. This being said, this treatment is not appropriate for children, teenagers, individuals with certain medical conditions and women who are either breastfeeding or pregnant. This treatment is also not suitable for individuals wanting to remove a large area of fat. There are other treatments for this issue.
Lipolysis injections require a time period. You can’t expect to achieve your results in one day. Your injections will be placed directly beneath your chin. Do not expect to see your optimal results until you have completed the recommended number of treatments. You may notice an improvement after each session. The actual number of treatments you will need depends on numerous factors including the amount of submental fat, your lifestyle and the results you want to receive. Some individuals do not begin to see their results for as long as months. As time passes, the area beneath your chin will become much firmer. The injections will also promote better circulation of your blood.
Your results are designed to be permanent. If you gain a substantial amount of weight after your treatment, fat cells will accumulate in other areas of your body. It is important to eat healthy, exercise and drink plenty of water.
Eliminating a Double Chin with Lipolysis Injections
This double chin treatment has the potential to effectively decrease or eliminate your double chin. The main ingredient in the injections is deoxycholic acid. This molecule is naturally found in your body. This is what helps your body break down and absorb dietary fat. The injections are placed directly into the deposits of fat beneath your chin using specialized techniques. A numbing agent may be used to help you remain relaxed and comfortable during your procedure. Your fat cells are effectively destroyed. This prevents them from being able to accumulate or store fat. Your body will then naturally eliminate the destroyed fat cells. This has become one of the most popular treatments available for eliminating a double chin and is performed all over the world. This is because lipolysis injections are effective, easy and eliminate the need for surgery. The injections should only be given under certain conditions including:
• The injections should only be given by a trained professional in a clinical setting.
• The professional must be given a complete medical history including all allergies, pregnancies, treatments, surgeries and current prescriptions, over-the counter medications, supplements and vitamins.
• This procedure must be postponed if the individual has an infection in the area targeted for treatment.
The entire double chin treatment process begins with your initial consultation. This is when the medical professional will determine if you are a good candidate for the injections. This is when you need to ask any questions you may have regarding the procedure, the number of sessions necessary and the results you can expect to receive. Your complete medical history will be taken to establish your health profile. The area will then be thoroughly examined by the medical professional. All aspects of your treatment will be explained in full detail. A treatment plan will be established including the specific areas where you will receive the lipolysis injections. You will be told how many sessions will most likely be necessary to achieve your desired results based on how much fat is located beneath your chin, your goals and your full medical profile.
Once the area has been numbed, the professional will inject the solution throughout your double chin using the planned injection points. The fat beneath your chin will begin to disappear over the weeks that follow. It is important to continue with your sessions until you have achieved the appearance you desire. The process will destroy the fat cells until the excess fat beneath your chin has been eliminated. In addition to eliminating your double chin, the skin in the area will appear more firm and youthful. You will see less jowl fat and a more defined profile overall. The effect of the injections can be further enhanced when necessary with physical exercise, a healthy and balanced diet and other treatments.
The treatment will gradually melt away the fat from beneath your chin and be eliminated by your body. The destruction of the fat cells will prevent them from returning in the same area. It is important to note if you gain a significant amount of weight after your treatment, fat will still accumulate in other untreated areas of your body. The best possible results can only be achieved when the procedure is used to treat smaller accumulations of fat such as beneath your chin and in the jowl area. This is not a procedure to help you lose weight all over the body. The injections only contour the area by destroying the cells of fat. This treatment can be used after liposuction to remove specific and smaller deposits of uneven fat. This treatment is extremely effective for treating individuals with a double chin.
The Benefits of Lipolysis Injections
There are a lot of people left feeling self-conscious or unattractive due to a double chin. Lipolysis injections are a safe, permanent and effective solution without the extended period of downtime required after surgery. The treatment offers a lot of benefits including:
• The treatment uses the latest technology and is minimally-invasive. Many individuals have this treatment to effectively treat a double chin without the need for surgery. The injections contain deoxycholic acid. This molecule is natural to your body. The injections break down the fat so it can be eliminated from your body. Once you have received the injections, your fat cells are destroyed safely and naturally. This is what enables your body to get rid of the fat over time in a way that looks natural.
• The procedure is fast and easily performed in the comfort of our office. Your sessions are spread out, making it easy to having multiple treatments. You will know how many sessions will be necessary prior to your very first treatment.
• Once you have completed all of your sessions, your results should be permanent. Having multiple sessions will ensure all of the fat has been eliminated so you can continue to enjoy your new look. It is still important to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
• One of the best benefits is once you have eliminated your unwanted double chin, you will most likely look more youthful. This completely changes the appearance of your face. You will also be happier because you will be more confident in both your personal and professional lives.
• Although no two experiences are exactly the same, the majority of individuals who have experienced this treatment found their sessions both easy and free of stress. Once your session has been completed, you can resume your normal daily activities or go right back to work.
If you are interested in lipolysis injections, please reach out to our experts at DermaNuva Skin & Health Care so your personal consultation can be arranged at our office in Olds, Alberta. Contact us today to book your appointment!